Sunday, March 3, 2024

A Finish





I began work on this log cabin quilt late in 2022 and put the last stitch in its label last night.  It was paper pieced and the logs are just slightly wider than ½ inch.  It contains 154 4 ½ inch blocks and a total of 2,002 pieces.  Final dimensions are 49 X 63 inches and I logged about 11 hours on my sit-down quilting machine.

 

This was a project I turned to when I wanted to do mindless stitching.  My other current projects require too much attention, so I’ll need to think about what my next therapeutic machine project will be.  I certainly have enough scraps to keep me busy if I just make some decisions and get them cut up.

 


We are enjoying lovely weather here and things are beginning to bloom including our Mountain Laurel bushes.  I noticed the pollinators were happily feasting on the one in front yesterday.  We may have a chance for rain this week, but it is predicted to be very light in our area. 




3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I admire your patience to make the quilt as large as it is with such small blocks. It is striking.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat quilt and such little strips used bet you are glad it is done!

Linda said...

Goodness I am amazed at how many pieces and your patience. It is a beautiful quilt! That's a pretty mountain laurel. We are enjoying many beautiful white Bradford pear trees in bloom in our area. Looks like snow on the ground underneath them!