Saturday, March 9, 2024

Taking Stock


It’s been a few months since I posted about my thimble/tumbler quilt and, quite frankly, I have let it rest for a while.  It’s time to take stock and make some decisions.


Currently it is 47 1/2 by 49 inches, much too close to square and not as big as I would like.  At the very least I want to add another five to seven rows which would get it close to 60 inches long.  There are 1,008 thimbles in it now and I will need to baste quite a few more as my inventory is getting low.  I’ve made no decision as to whether I will add a border.  If I don’t, that will make it narrower when I trim it after quilting.

It’s been fun incorporating novelty prints when I can find some that will fit a finished template that’s 1 ¾ inches tall and 7/8 inches at its base.  Here is one a Tuesday sewing friend gave me from the project she was working on that day.



And a couple more I've accumulated…






Needless to say, this is a very, very long-term project.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think most EPP projects are long term I know I am on year 3 with my hexies and it will end up being 4 or 5 before I am done with it. What size are your thimbles? I see you baste through the paper I have never done that.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Linda said...

I'm so impressed with your skill at working on those small blocks, and I'm crazy about those fabrics!