Monday, June 10, 2024

A Finish and Progress on Sew Along




The patriotic wall quilt that grew out of a guild workshop with Becky Goldsmith in July, 2016, is bound-labeled-done.  The workshop subject was needle-turn applique, which I used for the flowers and stems.  However, by the time I picked it up this year, I had developed a strong preference for prepared edge applique and that’s how I finished it.  Becky is a good teacher, and I still prewash my fabric because of that workshop. 

 


I also finished the blocks for the Fig Tree Vintage Bowtie Sew Along.  Here they are on my design wall where I have been fiddling around with various arrangements.  I find it hard to believe I am currently ahead of schedule!

 




After taking a brief break from it, I’ve resumed work on my red and white tumbler quilt.  As for the Maymont project…it’s still in timeout. 


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have found some cute prints for your little tumblers.

Linda said...

Your wall quilt is beautiful! If I ever get much applique done it will be prepared edge applique. I love your tumblers, are they applique also? The fussy cutting is wonderful.