Saturday, June 29, 2024

Moving Along with Vintage Bow Tie Project




My vintage bow tie project is under the needle and I estimate that it is about 25% quilted.  When I use a meander motif, I always start at the center of the quilt and move out.  So, when I finally get a corner filled in, I feel like I’ve really accomplished something, especially on this project.  My quilting machine is giving me problems.  The stitches and tension look good, but the bobbin thread keeps breaking with annoying frequency.  I’ve cleaned and oiled the machine and replaced the needle, so I don’t know what its problem is.  I’m using a pre-wound bobbin and thread from a reputable company. 



My monthly applique group met yesterday and we got to see the completed top for the group project I participated in last summer.  I think it turned out well.  The block I worked on was the center block in the top row.  My final post on that project appeared July 17, 2023.

In other news…

The new roof is complete and we are waiting for the gutters to be installed.  El Nino, the weather system which provided our wetter than normal spring and early summer is officially over, according to the National Weather Service. 

 


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Usually when my bobbin thread breaks I have a tiny bit of lint caught under the bobbin case spring.
The applique quilt is beautiful.
It will be nice to have the workmen finished on the roof/gutter project. Hopefully you will get many years of use out of it. In IL we never get the number of years mentioned on the warranty because of hail damage.

Linda said...

The applique quilt turned out so pretty! We haven't seen rain since early June, so the water bill should be nice and big this month - ugh!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we are not getting much rain now since early June. We did get one inch early last week and nothing since. Glad your roof is done and the gutters soon.