Monday, June 3, 2024

Progress on Bowtie Project




At least we got one tomato this year.  Its size was underwhelming.  I think it was labeled as being in the “slicing” variety of tomatoes, but maybe that’s a relative term.  I cut it in half and shared it with Bob.



More progress on the Vintage Bowtie Sewalong.  I’m actually a tiny bit ahead of schedule, but several participants are already quilting their projects.

I finished the quilting on my patriotic wall quilt, but discovered, as I started the binding, that I failed to ditch stitch one of the applique units.  They really do look better ditch stitched as it gives them more definition, so back to the invisible thread and walking foot I go.



3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you get many more tomatoes.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the first of many tomatoes. The quilt is looking good - that sounds like me finding a spot of quilting on the quilt that is on the bed when I recently found a spot I forgot to quilt.

Linda said...

I hope you get a ton more tomatoes! What variety is it? I like your bowtie quilt, and I relate to finding out things undone about quilts "after the fact" - lol!