Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Doing my Homework

Today is Quilt Club meeting day and tomorrow I am scheduled to attend a workshop led by Susan Garman.  During the past week I have been busy pulling fabrics from my stash and doing the homework we've been assigned prior to our session. 

The subject is making pieced borders fit.  We are to start with a 12½ inch block of our choosing and add a series of solid and pieced borders until we end up with a 45” top.  I chose to use the block from the earlier workshop by Jill Finley as my center.  Since I didn't have large enough cuts of fabrics to exactly follow Susan's design, I've had to add in more variety.



Here is what I have so far.  The white areas will be “floater” borders that will vary in width as necessary to make the pieced borders fit.  There is also an additional pieced border of 3½ inch squares around the outside that I have not worked on yet.  

Here’s hoping I have enough time and energy after our meeting today to finish my homework and get everything ready to transport.

No comments: