Thursday, June 19, 2014

Decision Made

Now that I am within five blocks of completing my Jane Stickle triangles, I was faced with the decision about what to use for sashing and alternate triangles in the border.  A friend invited me to accompany her on a visit to another quilt guild Monday and afterwards we made stops at two quilt shops. 

This is what I selected.  It is a dark blue floral batik that is a little less stark than a solid black, but close enough to black to serve as a neutral.  From a distance is reads as a solid. 



A cactus plant that we transplanted from the ranch decided to bloom this week.  

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That blue is going to be so perfect. It will allow all those blocks to shine. Doesn't it feel great to be getting so close to the finish?

AnnieO said...

Oooh, pretty! I do like a dark blue for a good alternate! Exciting to be getting so close to setting together, I'm sure!