Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Play Time and Another Sheet Bites the Dust

One of the nice things about being retired is that we can sometimes take advantage of spontaneous opportunities that were not possible during our working years.  We decided Sunday to make an impromptu trip to the ranch after church.  As a result of our rush to get away, we forgot some groceries we intended to take and were forced to make some creative menu modifications, but we managed nonetheless.  Bob killed another hog which he smoked, and I loaded an old sheet on Fiona along with some batting remnants and practiced making feathers using my new Micro Handles.  I need lots more practice, but I am encouraged.  When I became fatigued with standing at the quilter, I indulged in some piecing therapy and worked on my Carolina Chain project using my vintage Singer 301.  I really love that old machine.   At night I worked on the binding for Dave's quilt while we watched television.



We’re home now and its back to the joys and stresses of the Christmas season.  Hopefully there will be other opportunities for stolen moments at the sewing machine.

No comments: